Tandoori Chicken, Chickpea and Spinach Salad with Tzatziki
Accredited practising dietitian Lauren McGuckin has created this super quick and scrumptious Tandoori Chicken recipe, which gets a big tick from Diabetes Queensland nutritionists.
- 4 serves
- 8 ingredients
- 35 mins
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 1563kJ
- Protein 36.9g
- Carbohydrates 31.9g
- Total fat 5.6g
- Saturated fat 1.3g
- Diaetry fibre 8g
- Sodium 440mg
- 500g chicken tenderloins, trimmed of any skin
- 150g spinach leaves
- 1 small red onion, very finely sliced
- 1 punnet of cherry or mini roma tomatoes, cut in half
- 400g can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tandoori paste
- 400g sweet potato
- Tzatziki to serve (approximately 20g per serve)
- Dice sweet potato into 2cm pieces, place on a lined oven tray and spray with a little oil and bake in a 180C oven for about 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place chicken tenderloins in a bowl with the tandoori paste and mix to coat, then refrigerate. Place spinach leaves in a large salad bowl and toss with sliced onion, tomatoes, chickpeas and cooled sweet potato.
- Spray a non-stick pan with oil and cook marinated chicken tenderloins, turning after about 3-4 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve on top of the salad with tzatziki