Sweet Chili Tofu Stir Fry
- 4 serves
Nutrition per serve
- Energy per serve 2112kJ
- Protein 25g
- Carbohydrate - total 37g
- - sugars 11g
- Fat- total 26g
- Fat - saturated 4g
- Dietary fibre 11g
- Sodium 507mg
- 1 x 350g pack of sweet chili flavoured tofu, cubed
2. 1 brown onion, cut into wedges
3. 1 carrot, chopped
4. 1 red capsicum, chopped
5. 1 green capsicum, chopped
6. 6 medium mushrooms, sliced
7. 2 bok choy, shredded
8. 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
9. 1/2 cup water
10. 1 1/2 cooked brown basmati or doongara rice (1/2 cup of dry rice will triple its volume when cooked to 1 1/2 cups)
11. 1/4 cup dry roasted cashews
12. 1 tbsp salt reduced soy sauce
13. 3 tbsp fresh coriander or parsley, chopped finely (optional)
- Chop all ingredients as per above.
- Cook rice according to the package instructions.
- Heat oil and add onion and carrot, cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add capsicums and mushrooms, then add water. Cook stirring for another 2 minutes.
- Add tofu and bok choy. There should be a small amount of water in the pan still. If not, add 1/4 cup extra. Stir, then place a lid on the pan for 2-4 minutes until the tofu is warm and the bok choy wilted.
- Sprinkle with reduced salt soy sauce and stir.
- Serve 1/3 cup rice and 1/4 of the pan of tofu and veggies on each plate. Sprinkle each serve with 1/4 of the nuts and coriander or parsley.