Sourdough toasts and sweet potato dip
Enjoy this delicious sweet potato dip on toast.
- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 524.6kJ
- Protein 3.3g
- Total fat 3.3g
- - saturated fat 0.5g
- Carbohydrate 19.2g
- Fibre 2.8g
- Sodium 73.5mg
- 500g sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons roasted cashews
- ground corriander seed
- 2 sourdough bread rolls
- olive oil/canola spray
- Microwave 500g peeled and chopped orange sweet potato, until tender.
- Roughly blend 2 tablespoons of unsalted roasted cashews.
- Mix together the mashed sweet potato, cashews, and 1 teaspoon each of ground cumin, ground ginger, cinnamon and ground coriander seed.
- Take 2 sourdough rye bread rolls and slice them into ½ cm slices. Place on an oven tray and spray with an olive oil or canola spray. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C until they are dried out and crispy (approx 10-15 minutes, but keep an eye on them so they don’t burn).
- Serve with the sweep potato dip.
Dale Cooke APD