Apricot rock cakes
Makes approx 16
60g (1/2 cup) chopped dried apricots
125ml (1/2 cup) boiling water
230g (1 1/2 cups) self-raising flour*
4 tablespoons margarine
1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
90g (3/4 cup) rolled oats*
1 egg, lightly beaten
60ml low-fat milk
2 teaspoons white sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C and place a sheet of baking paper on two
flat biscuit trays.
- Soak apricots in boiling water while you prepare the rest of
- Place flour in mixing bowl and rub in margarine.
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon and oats and mix evenly.
- Add egg, apricots (including any liquid remaining from soaking)
- Mix well and using a soupspoon, place spoonful per rock cake on
- Slightly flatten and tidy edges with back of fork and sprinkle
each with a little sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
COOK TIP: Try replacing the apricots with 1 large apple, cored,
peeled and diced and add two extra tablespoons of milk to the
recipe. Wholemeal flour can used instead of white flour to increase
Nutrition Information per serve (42g)
Energy - 550kj
Protein - 3.0g
Total fat - 5.1g
Saturated Fat - 2.0g
Carbohydrate - 17.4g
Sodium - 165mg
*may contain gluten