Salmon with dill and capers dressing
- 30 mins
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 2225kj
- Protein 45g
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Total fat 24g
- Saturated fat 6.5g
- Dietary fibre 7.7g
- Sodium 161mg
500g potatoes, cut into quarters
500g salmon fillets
1/3 cup low fat natural yoghurt
1 tablespoon lemon zest
Juice of 1 lemon
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons dried dill
1 tablespoon capers
300g baby spinach leaves
250g green beans, topped and tailed
- Steam the potatoes in the microwave, until they start to soften. Transfer potatoes to a large roasting tray, and roast (at 180 degrees) for about 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes crisp a little.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, and start cooking the salmon fillets. After about 3-5 minutes, flip the salmon over. Cook for a couple of minutes, until the salmon is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Heat the natural yoghurt and lemon zest in a small sauce pan over low heat until it just starts to simmer, then add the lemon juice, dill and pepper. Stir for 30 seconds and remove from heat.
- Add the capers to the dressing. Stir well.
- In a separate small sauce pan, add the spinach. Heat on low-medium to wilt the leaves (approximately 1 minute).
- Steam the green beans. To do this, place into a microwave safe dish with five centimetres of water in the bottom. Cover and microwave on high for approximately 5-6 minutes.
- To serve: Place a bed of spinach down for the salmon, and serve a salmon piece with a scoop of roast potato and a good serving of steamed green beans. Drizzle with a little of the dressing, and enjoy!