Roasted sweet potato with caramelised garlic and spiced chickpeas
- 45 mins
- Energy 2400kj
- Carbohydrates 60g
- Total fat 22g
- Saturated fat 2.8g
- Dietary fibre 24g
- Sodium 540mg
- 4 (1kg) small sweet potatoes, scrubbed, halved lengthways
- 2 red capsicum
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 600g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 bulb garlic, halved crossways
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon preserved lemon rind, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
Place sweet potato, cut-side up, and capsicum on 1 tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes.
Place cauliflower and garlic on remaining prepared tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon remaining oil. Roast with sweet potato and capsicum for a further 20 minutes. Add tomatoes to cauliflower tray. Roast for a further 15 minutes or until tomatoes have collapsed and vegetables are tender. Carefully transfer capsicum to a snap-lock bag. Seal bag. Set aside for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 the chickpeas, sunflower seeds, cumin and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant and chickpeas are golden.
Using a small food processor, process remaining chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and 1/3 cup water until smooth and combined. Season with salt and pepper.
Carefully cut tops off capsicum. Peel away skin and discard seeds. Thickly slice. Place sweet potato on plates with garlic cloves. Top with cauliflower, tomato and capsicum. Drizzle with tahini dressing. Sprinkle with chickpea mixture, coriander, parsley and preserved lemon. Serve.