Pulled Chicken Sliders with Carrot and Cabbage Slaw
- 2 hours
- Energy 2342kj
- Protein 28g
- Carbohydrate 40g
- Total fat 29g
- Saturated fat 8g
- Dieraty fibre 10g
- Sodium 447g
3 chicken thigh fillets
6 mini rye bread rolls
¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
4 good handfuls of green salad leaves, to serve
1/2 cup chopped spring onion
250g grated cabbage
½ cup grated carrot
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
Pinch fresh ground black pepper
1 tablespoon reduced salt tomato sauce
2 large red chillies, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon paprika
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
- To make the coleslaw: chop spring onion and cabbage finely, grate the carrots and combine it in a bowl with vinegar and pepper, stir well until combined. Cover with glad wrap and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before use.
- Next up, make the chicken. In a small saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, chillies, paprika, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic. Stir well to combine, and add the chicken.
- Cover with a lid, and cook over a low heat for around 1.5 hours, until the chicken is soft and can be pulled apart with a fork. Alternatively, if you have a slow cooker, pop the chicken in there on low for approximately 3 hours.
- Once the chicken is soft, use two forks to pull the chicken apart into strands.
- To assemble the sliders, place a good dollop of coleslaw onto the base of the mini burger roll.
- Add some chicken and some coriander, and cover with the top of the burger roll.
- Serve with a good handful of green salad!