Peanut Noodles with Shredded Chicken and Vegetables
- 6 serves
- 11 ingredients
- 40 mins
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 1689kj
- Carbohydrate 28g
- Total fat 17g
- Saturated fat 3g
- Dietary fibre 6.5g
- Sodium 285mg
- 450g boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup smooth reduced-sodium peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1½ teaspoons chilli-garlic sauce, or to taste (see Ingredient note)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 230g whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 broccoli
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 green capsicum
- Put a large pot of water on to boil for cooking pasta.
- Meanwhile, place chicken in a saucepan and add enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, shred into bite-size strips.
- Whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, chilli-garlic sauce and ginger in a large bowl.
- Cook pasta in the boiling water until not quite tender, about 1 minute less than specified in the package directions.
- Add vegetables and cook until the pasta and vegetables are just tender. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Rinse the pasta and vegetables with cool water to refresh. Stir the reserved cooking liquid into the peanut sauce; add the pasta, vegetables and chicken; toss well to coat.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
Chilli-garlic sauce is a blend of ground chillies, garlic and vinegar and is commonly used to add heat and flavour to Asian soups, sauces and stir-fries.
It can be found in the Asian section of large supermarkets and keeps up to 1 year in the refrigerator.