No-bake pumpkin oatmeal cookies
Little balls of cookie dough. That taste like oatmeal and pumpkin. What could be better?
- 15 mins
- Energy 182kj
- Protein 0.8g
- Carbohydrates 6.6g
- Total fat 1.4g
- Saturated fat 0.2g
- Sodium 54mg
- 3/4 cup quick oats (60g)
- 1/2 cup oat flour (or make your own by blending oats in a food processor until they become powder. Measure after blending.) (75g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup xylitol or sugar (or coconut sugar or sucanat) (55g)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional: a pinch pumpkin pie spice as well)
- optional: handful mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin (or sweet potato puree) (80g)
- 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons milk of choice, as needed
- 1 tablespoon oil (omit if you desire, but I can’t vouch for the results)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Combine all dry ingredients and stir very well.
- In a separate bowl, combine all liquid (including pumpkin).
- Bring all the ingredients together and form into balls or cookies.
- Or put in the fridge to firm up a little before forming cookies.
This recipe is taken from ‘chocolate covered Katie’ The Healthy Dessert Blog.