Mediterranean Baked Chicken
- 50 mins
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 1476kj
- Protein 35.6g
- Carbohydrate 34g
- Total fat 5.7g
- Saturdated fat 0.9g
- Dietary fibre 9.6g
- Sodium 285g
500g chicken breast fillet, skinless
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 medium red onions, thinly sliced
500g whole cherry tomatoes
750g potatoes, cubed
1 teaspoon olive oil
100g marinated artichoke hearts
100g cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
Fresh basil & parsley, to garnish
- To make the marinade: drain the artichoke hearts, but keep the juice in a bowl. Set the artichoke hearts aside. In a separate bowl, mix 2-3 teaspoons of the artichoke juice, garlic, and oregano. Cut the chicken into strips and add to the bowl. Give the chicken a good toss to coat with the marinade. Cover with glad wrap and store in the fridge for at least an hour.
- In a large roasting pan, add the onions, tomatoes, potatoes and olive oil. Give the onions/tomatoes/potatoes a good shake to coat with the olive oil.
- Place the tomato onion mixture into a preheated (180 degree) oven. Cook (don’t forget to stir occasionally) for about 30 minutes, until the potatoes are soft.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, brown the chicken but don’t cook the entire way through, as the chicken will continue to cook in the oven.
- Remove the onion/tomato/potato mixture from the oven. Add the beans, chicken, olives, and artichoke hearts. Roast for between 5-10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven, add the parsley and basil. Serve immediately, and enjoy with a good handful of salad leaves.