Lamb meatballs with zucchini noodles
Enjoy these easy to make lamb meatballs and don't worry about the carbs. Use zucchini instead of pasta for a delicious, nutritious, spring meal.
- 1 hour
- Carbohydrates 33g
- Total fat 25g
- Saturated fat 5g
- Sodium 150mg
- 500g lean lamb mince
- 1 small brown onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400g quality Napolitano pasta sauce
- 3 medium zucchini, spiralised into zoodles
- shaved parmesan, to serve
- Baby rocket salad, to serve
- Lemon wedge, to serve
- In a large bowl, combine the mince, onion and chopped basil. Season and roll into heaped tablespoon sized meatballs.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook the meatballs for 6-7 minutes, browning on all sides.
- Add the pasta sauce and simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly reduced and heated through.
- Add the zoodles and toss to coat
- Place meatballs and zoodles into bowls, top with parmesan and serve with baby rocket and lemon wedges.