Herb and paprika roasted chickpeas
What's not to love about these spicy bursts of crunchy deliciousness?
- 5 mins
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 249kJ
- Protein 2.6g
- Total fat 2.4g
- - saturated fat 0.3g
- Carbohydrayte 5.4g
- Fibre 2.0g
- Sodium 110mg
- 240g can of chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, or your favourite herb or spice
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Drain and rinse a 240g can of chickpeas, then place them on a tea towel or kitchen paper to dry them well.
- Mix together the oil and 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika or your favourite herb or spice blend in a small bowl. Mix the chickpeas into the oil and spice so they are nicely coated.
- Transfer to an oven tray lined with baking paper. Spread them on the baking paper and bake for 20-30 minutes until they are crisp.
- Allow to cool before serving. They should be wonderfully c-c-crunchy and flavourful!
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
Store in an airtight container.
Dale Cooke, APD