Ham, pea and potato soup
- 30 mins
- Energy 457kj
- Protein 6.4g
- Carbohydrate 9.8g
- Total fat 3.8g
- Saturated fat 0.7g
- Dietary fibre 4.3g
- Sodium 132mg
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
70g don shaved leg ham champagne, diced
1 sprinkle black pepper
6 cups water
2 extra large potatoes, cut into small cubes
1 tb herbs and chives
2 cup frozen peas
2 medium stick celery
6 tsp plain yoghurt
- Heat the oil in a 2.5L pot, add the chopped onion and garlic, cook till soft over a medium heat.
- Stir in the chopped celery, ham and potatoes.
- Add the water and black pepper.
- Bring to the boil then reduce to simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes and celery are tender.
- Stir in the frozens peas and simmer a few more minutes until they are hot.
- Serve with a teaspoon of plain yoghurt and a sprinkle of chives or dill.