Greek Lamb Salad
- 45 mins
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 1820kj
- Protein 38g
- Carbohydrate 33g
- Total fat 14g
- Saturated fat 4g
- Dietary fibre 7g
- Sodium 426mg
½ cup low fat natural yoghurt
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
400g lamb loin chop, bones removed and fat trimmed
3 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh mint, shredded
100g cos lettuce, shredded
1/2 fresh cucumber, chopped
3 tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
1/2 medium red onion, red, sliced
1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
8 pieces wholegrain bread, toasted
- Into a small mixing bowl, add the yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic and cumin to make the dressing. Mix well.
- Put 1/3 of the dressing into a ziplock bag, add the lamb, seal the bag and give it a good shake to coat the lamb. Marinate lamb in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Save rest of the dressing in the fridge for later.
- In a non-stick frypan over medium heat, add the olive oil. Add the lamb, and cook for a couple of minutes each side, until cooked.
- Into the rest of your dressing, add most of your mint.
- Arrange the salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and onion) on each plate. Sprinkle with the last little bit of mint, and the coriander.
- Add the lamb to the salad, and drizzle the entire salad with some of the dressing. Serve with two pieces of toast per person.