Gluten Free Weet-Bix Cookies©
- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 465kJ
- Protein 1.7g
- Carbohydrate (total) 19g
- Sugar 10g
- Fat (total) 2.4g
- - saturated fat 1g
- Fibre 1g
- Sodium 18mg
- 4 Gluten Free Weet-Bix, crushed
- 2/3 cup quinoa flakes (toasted in oven 140⁰C/10min)
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour
- 100g brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dark choc bits*
- 2/3 cup dried apricots, diced
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat margarine
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- Mix together Gluten Free Weet-Bix, quinoa flakes, flour, sugar, choc bits and apricots until well combined.
- Place margarine and golden syrup in a small saucepan and heat gently until melted.
- Mix bicarbonate of soda and water together then pour into margarine mixture. Add to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Place tablespoons of mixture onto baking trays lined with baking paper. Bake at 160⁰C for 15-20 minutes. Cool on trays before serving.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
The recipe above is based on ingredients that are typically gluten free. We have highlighted with an * any ingredients where traces of gluten may be present depending on the manufacturer. It is the responsibility of the consumer to always check the ingredients on the manufacturer’s labels before consuming their products.
For chewy biscuits remove from oven after 15 minutes, otherwise leave until 20 minutes or golden.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing Company©.