Fancy fig, mozzarella and ham entré
This recipe is similar to one you see in fancy magazines and restaurants, just a bit healthier. It’s dead easy to make, arrange everything on the plates so they look pretty, for example curl the long cucumber slices around the wedge of cheese.
- 10 minutes
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 422.5kJ
- Protein 5.8g
- Total fat 5.0g
- - saturated fat 3.0g
- Carbohydrate 6.9g
- Fibre 2.2g
- Sodium 203.1mg
- 100g buffalo mozzarella (that’s the big round mozzarella you’ll see in the cheese section of the supermarket), cut into wedges, one for each plate
- 6 slices of shaved fresh leg ham
- 6 ripe figs, washed and dried, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons of honey (optional)
- A few basil leaves, as many as you fancy, washed and shaken dry
- 1 medium Lebanese cucumber, washed and sliced lengthwise with a potato peeler
- Arrange the mozzarella wedge, shaved ham, fig halves and cucumber on each entrée (small sized) plate.
- Sprinkle with basil leaves and drizzle with a little honey (optional).
Dale Cooke, APD