- 10 minutes
- 25 minutes
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 526kJ
- Fibre 5.2g
- Protein 9.2g
- Total fat 6.1g
- - sat fat 3.6g
- Carbohydrate 6.7g
- Sodium 151.6mg
- 2 eggplants (630g) cut length ways into 2cm thick steaks
- 100g grated mozzarella
- 4 Roma tomatoes (350g), sliced
- ½ cup(30g) basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 1800C.
- Line baking tray with baking paper
- Lay the eggplant steaks onto the tray and season with sea salt
- Bake for 20 minutes or until softened.
- Onto the eggplant sprinkle with cheese, layer with tomatoes and season.
- Return to the oven for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melting and is golden and bubbling.
- Serve scattered with fresh basil leaves.
Recipe sourced from 4 Ingredients Veggie and Vegan Cookbook
Disclaimer: The above recipe meets Diabetes Queensland nutrient criteria. However, the opinions expressed on the IGA Family Program website do not necessarily reflect the views of Diabetes Queensland.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as needed. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for individualised advice.