- 40 mins
- 20 mins
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 1220kj
- Protein 13.5g
- Carbohydrate 40g
- Total fats 5.8g
- Saturdated fats 1.5g
- Dietary fibre 12g
- Sodium 268mg
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
500g tomatoes, roughly chopped
400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 medium carrots, finely chopped
2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
½ cup water
2 large eggplants, sliced
250g instant wholemeal lasagne sheets
Olive oil spray
1 ½ tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion for a couple of minutes or until softened. Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, carrots, mixed herbs and water, simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the sauce reduces slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook eggplant over a griddle pan. Spray the griddle pan lightly with olive oil spray, and cook the eggplant on both sides until softened, but not cooked through.
- To assemble the lasagne: Lay the lasagne sheets into a baking dish or casserole dish. Cover each layer of pasta with a layer of eggplant, then a layer of the tomato/chickpea sauce. Place another lasagne sheet over the top, then eggplant, and repeat the process. When you reach the top layer, sprinkle over the top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven (180 degrees) for 20 minutes.
- Serve with a good handful of mixed salad leaves per plate.