Canned salmon and vegetable frittata
A quick and easy meal that can be packed with whatever
vegetables are in the fridge or in your garden. We've used roasted
potato and sweet potato for brain power, together with salmon to
help repair and grow muscles.
1 medium potato, peeled and cut into 1cm dice drained
½ medium sweet potato peeled and cut into 1cm dice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup baby spinach leaves, washed
1 x 180g tin pink salmon in spring water bones removed
½ cup tasty cheese
8 eggs, lightly whisked
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the potato and sweet potato in a roasting tray, add the
oil and toss to combine. Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes,
turning half way through, or until the potato and sweet potato are
golden and tender.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Place a frying pan on the stove top over low heat. Place the
potato and sweet potato in a single layer on the base of the frying
pan. Layer the spinach leaves on top, followed by the salmon and
then top with the grated cheese.
- Pour the eggs over the top. Continue to cook over low heat for
8-10 minutes or until the egg has begun to set around the edges but
is still runny in the centre.
- Place under the grill and cook for a further five minutes or
until the egg has set and the frittata is golden brown on top.