Root Veg Tarte Tatin
Leftovers to makeovers.
- 350g small sweet potatoes
- 2 small beetroot (quartered)
- 3 parsnips (quartered)
- 1 bunch baby carrots
- 1 head garlic (halved)
- 1 medium onion (quartered)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 fresh sage leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 115g Goat cheese
- 8 Filo pastry
- Pinch salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 220C. Line baking tray with
baking paper. Place beetroot, carrots, onion, parsnip, sweet
potatoes and garlic on the tray. Drizzle with oil, pinch of salt
and pepper and bake for 40 minutes or until golden. (tip: you can
use your left over roasted root vegetables here)
2. Meanwhile, place the water and sugar in a
saucepan over medium heat, cook, stir until sugar has dissolved.
Increase the heat to high and cook until light caramel in colour.
Remove from heat and add the vinegar, stir to combine.
3. Pour the caramel into a 37cm x 24cm baking
tray, tilt and swirl the tray to ensure the caramel coats the
entire tray. Scatter with sage leaves and rosemary.
4. Arrange the vegetables snugly in a single
layer over caramel. Fill any small holes with garlic and sprinkle
goat cheese over vegetables.
5. Place 6 filo pastry over the top of the
vegetables. Tuck the edges under to fit and bake for 25-30 or until
pastry is golden and crispy.
6. Leave tart in the tray for 5 minutes before
carefully inverting onto a board.