Orange and Clove Glazed Pork Roast
Great pork roast for Christmas!
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 oranges, juiced and zest grated
2 teaspoons of mustard
1 tsp cloves, plus extra for studding
1 kg pork leg roast
500g potatoes, washed and halved
500g pumpkin, cut into 5cm chunks
500g green beans, topped and tailed
- In a small saucepan, heat honey over medium heat for
approximately one minute. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, orange zest
and juice, mustard and cloves, and simmer for 10 minutes, until the
glaze has reduced into half the amount.
- Remove skin and most of the fat from the pork leg. Cut a criss
cross shape into the outside of the leg, and stud the crosses with
- Place pork on a rack in a large roasting pan (so the pork sits
above the roasting pan). Half fill roasting pan with water and
brush pork liberally with glaze. Reserve at least half of the glaze
to baste the pork frequently during roasting. Roast for
approximately 45 minutes or until golden. Remember to baste!
- While the pork leg is roasting, steam the potato and pumpkin
chunks until half soft, either with a stovetop steaming pot or in
the microwave (place an inch of water in the base of a microwave
safe dish, add the pumpkin and potato, cover and microwave on high
for 10-12 minutes). Transfer the pumpkin and potatoes into a large
roasting tray, and drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil. Roast
for 10-15 minutes until crisp.
- Stream the beans in the same manner.
- Serve pork with the vegetables, and enjoy the star of Christmas
- yourorange and clove glazed pork roast.
Note: alternatively serve the roast with a fresh garden salad,
for more of a traditional Australian Christmas meal!