Ham, pea and potato soup
Nothing beats the winter chills like a generous mug of steaming,
hot soup. Soup is not only comforting for the soul, but nutritious
and a great budget meal. This quick and easy soup recipe is a great
way to boost your vegetable intake and take less than 30 minutes to
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
70g don shaved leg ham champagne, diced
1 sprinkle black pepper
6 cups water
2 extra large potatoes, cut into small cubes
1 tb herbs and chives
2 cup frozen peas
2 medium stick celery
6 tsp plain yoghurt
1. Heat the oil in a 2.5L pot, add the chopped onion and garlic,
cook till soft over a medium heat.
2. Stir in the chopped celery, ham and potatoes.
3. Add the water and black pepper.
4. Bring to the boil then reduce to simmer, stirring occasionally,
until potatoes and celery are tender.
5. Stir in the frozens peas and simmer a few more minutes until
they are hot.
6. Serve with a teaspoon of plain yoghurt and a sprinkle of chives