- 1 hour
- Energy 1431kj
- Protein 19g
- Carbohydrate 37g
- Total fat 10.7g
- Saturated fat 3g
- Dietary fibre 10g
- Sodium 389mg
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 medium brown onion, chopped
200g lean beef mince
1 large carrot, peeled, finely chopped
1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
3 celery stalks, trimmed, finely chopped
2 tablespoons salt-reduced tomato paste
500g tomatoes, chopped
400g red kidney beans, drained
1 teaspoon rosemary
1/2 cup salt-reduced beef stock
850g combined potatoes and sweet potatoes (half and half), roughly chopped
1/4 cup skim milk
2 tablespoons margarine (canola or olive oil spread)
Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion for 3 minutes or until softened. Add mince. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until mince is browned.
- Add carrot, zucchini and celery. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, tomatoes, kidney beans, rosemary and stock. Stir to combine. Reduce heat, cover and simmer mince mixture for 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Whilst the mince mixture simmers down, cook potato/sweet potato in a microwave safe dish (with an inch of water in the bottom) for 8 to 10 minutes or until soft. Add in the milk and margarine, and mash until smooth.
- Spoon mince mixture into a casserole dish. Add the mashed potato mixture on top. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes to set.
- Serve with mixed salad leaves.