Classic chocolate cake
- 50 minutes
- 10 minutes
- Energy 834.2kJ
- Protein 4.6g
- Carbohydrate 32.1g
- Total fat 5.6g
- Saturated fat 0.7g
- Fibre 1.66g
- Sodium 212.4mg
- Canola or Olive oil spray
- 280g (2 cups) self-raising flour*
- 30g (1/3 cup) cocoa powder*
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 120g (2/3 cup) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 60ml (¼ cup) canola oil
- 200 g low-fat vanilla yoghurt*
- 250ml (1 cup) slim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 5 medium strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar, for dusting*
1. Preheat oven to 160°C and lightly spray a non-stick 23cm (9 in) cake tin with oil spray.
2. Sift the flour, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Stir in the sugar and make a well in the centre.
3. Whisk together the eggs, oil, yoghurt, milk and vanilla essence. Pour into the well and mix to combine.
4. Pour mixture into the prepared tin. Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer come out clean when inserted into the centre. Be careful not to overcook or the cake or it will become dry.
5. Set aside for 5 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool.
6. Decorate with strawberry slices and dust with icing sugar before serving.