Chicken and thyme filo pies Ingredients
- 45 mins
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 1540kj
- Protein 35.8g
- Carbohydrate 32.4g
- Total fat 9.1g
- Saturated fat 4.6g
- Sodium 282mg
cooking spray oil (optional)
2 leeks trimmed and sliced
4 mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoon plain flour*
185ml (3/4 cup) chicken stock, reduced salt*
300g tinned butter beans, rinsed and drained
200ml light sour cream
300g cooked chicken, shredded
1 clove garlic crushed
1 tablespoon thyme
¼ teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon skim milk (for glazing)
6 sheets of filo pastry
- Preheat oven to 180 °. Brush a filo pastry sheet with milk add next layer on top and repeat until all sheets are used. Cut bundle into four squares.
- Place squares into a muffin pan, brush corners with remaining milk. Bake in oven until golden brown.
- To prepare filling, fry leeks and mushroom with margarine and garlic until soft in a non stick pan.
- Stir in the flour, then gradually add the stock, herbs, zest and sour cream. Cook, stirring until mixture thickens.
- Add in butter beans and shredded chicken cook until heated through.
- Divide mixture evenly between filo shells. Serve with a side salad.