Char-grilled Fish Kebabs with Pesto Potatoes
If you love seafood, these chargrilled fish kebabs are a must to add to your kitchen repertoire
- 50 mins
- Energy 2289kj
- Carbohydrate 28.5g
- Total fat 25g
- Saturated fat 4.11g
- Dietary fibre 16.3g
- Sodium 366mg
- 200g Mackerel fillet
- 200g Kingfish fillet
- 200g Salmon fillet
- 200g Ling fillet
- 12 Shallots
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 1.5 tabsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- Pinch Salt & Black Pepper
- 750g baby Carisma Potatoes, quartered
- 6 cups baby Spinach leaves
- 6 cups Broccolini
- 375g mini Roma Tomatoes or Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 3 tabsp Basil Pesto
- 3 small Corn Cobs cut in half or 6 small frozen Corn Cobs
- Preheat the oven to 200o or 180oC fan forced. Place potato quarters on oven tray and toss in the olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and roast in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until tender and golden. Please note-cooking times may vary slightly depending on your oven.
- Cut mackerel, kingfish, salmon and ling each into 12 equal sized cubes and place in a large shallow bowl.
- Make garlic marinade: whisk olive oil, red wine vinegar and garlic together. Pour over fish and toss well to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a steamer saucepan of water to the boil. Add corn and broccolini to the steamer and cook until just soft.
- Transfer cooked potatoes to a bowl, add the baby spinach, broccoli and halved tomatoes. Add the pesto and toss to coat well.
- Cut green onions into 4 cm lengths. On the bamboo skewer, place a piece of green onion, then thread on one piece of each fish, finishing with a pieces of green onion. Repeat with remaining fish and green onion to make 12 skewers.
- Heat a barbecue or char-grill plate to cook kebabs for about a minute on each of 4 sides or until fish is opaque.
- Serve 2 fish kebabs with pesto potato salad and corncob.