Wholemeal Blueberry Pancakes
Everyone loves a pancake - these are super simple to make and
are a healthier version. Wholewheat flours contain the whole grain,
which means they are richer in fiber, which keeps you feeling
fuller for longer. Blueberries are a rich source of
antioxidants, which protect our cells from damage.
1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
1 egg lightly beaten
1 cup skim milk
1 cup frozen mixed berries (defrosted)
1 banana, finely sliced (to serve)
1 cup low fat natural yoghurt or some more fresh berries (to
- Mix flour, spice, and sugar in bowl.
- Whisk together egg and milk until well combined.
- Combine egg mixture with flour mixture and stir until smooth.
Add berries, and stir well to combine, and to help break the
berries up a little.
- In a fry pan over medium heat, drop a spoonful of the mixture
into the pan. Cook until bubbles begin to appear on top, then flip.
Cook until golden brown. Repeat until all the mixture is
- Serve with sliced banana, and a dollop of low fat natural
yoghurt or extra berries.