Apple and Rhubarb Crumble
- 30 mins
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 796.9 kJ
- Carbohydrate 32.0g
- Total fat 3.5g
- Saturated fat 0.9g
- Sodium 92mg
- 3 medium granny smith apples, cored and cut into small wedges
- 1 bunch of rhubarb trimmed, washed and cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of wholemeal flour
- 60g reduce fat polyunsaturated margarine
- 90g bran flakes
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Reduced fat vanilla ice cream to serve
Preheat the oven to 180°C or 160°C fan forced. Lightly grease an oven proof baking dish.
To make the filling, place the apples, rhubarb, 1/3 cup water, caster sugar and cinnamon in a saucepan over a medium heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, or until apples and rhubarb are just soft.
Meanwhile, place the flour, margarine, bran flakes, oats, brown sugar and ginger in a mixing bowl. Use your fingers to rub in the margarine until well combined and large crumbs form.
Spoon the fruit into the baking dish, sprinkle the topping evenly over the fruit. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Serve with 1 scoop of reduced fat vanilla ice cream.
Preparation Time: 0.15 hrs 0.30 mins