Know Your Rights
Diabetes Queensland has produced a comprehensive guide for
employees: An Employee's Guide to Diabetes in the Workplace - which
was developed to overcome misconceptions and ignorance around
diabetes in the workplace.
The booklet contains in-depth information about your rights and
responsibilities, as well as common questions, such as:
- Should I disclose my diabetes to my employer?
- What if my job requires me to drive?
- Do l have to disclose my diabetes to my superannuation fund or
- Do l have a right to reasonable adjustments at the
- How do I manage diabetes at work?
If you would like a copy of the Employee's Guide to Diabetes in the Workplace
booklet, you can download it, or contact us to request a copy.