Diabetes Queensland’s Live Your Life Community
Being a member of Diabetes Queensland means you belong to a strong and engaged community that connects you to others living with diabetes, their families, carers, supporters and health professionals. Together we provide a louder voice for the needs of people living with diabetes.
At Diabetes Queensland we have time to care for you and your diabetes and we should be the first place to turn to for support, help, advice and information about living with diabetes. We provide up-to-date information and support to over 33,000 Queenslanders living with diabetes.
We’re here to make sure you have access to everything you need to better understand and manage your diabetes.
Join today for your chance to win
Join Diabetes Queensland or refer a friend who joins our community before 30 November and you will both go into the draw to win one of two Whitsunday accommodation packages.
This could be your chance to explore 74 islands, casual beach towns like Airlie Beach, Bowen and the quaint hinterland villages of Proserpine and Collinsville. Find out more about the Whitsunday accommodation prizes and terms & conditions.
If you have been referred by a current Diabetes Queensland member please email email@example.com to ensure you are both entered into the draw to win.Join now
Your community membership
All of our members have access to the following benefits:
- Live Your Life Community Forum – an online platform for members to come together, connect and share experiences. Our expert health professionals monitor the discussions so you can be assured it is a safe place for you to find advice and useful information and view a range of opinions and perspectives on different topics.
- Health Information and Recipes – our exclusive quarterly member magazine, Circle, is full of helpful articles, delicious recipes and information on new advances in diabetes research and technology. You will also receive monthly enewsletters ensuring you are kept up to date with what’s new in the world of diabetes.
- Advocacy Services – an important part of what we do at Diabetes Queensland is to advocate on behalf of people living with diabetes. When you are diagnosed with diabetes, there are often many hurdles you are faced with. Some of these are unique to you, but most are faced by many people living with diabetes.
- Expert advice – call us on 1800 177 055 to speak with a trained health professional about your questions on diet, exercise, managing your diabetes or even how to cope when it all gets too much.
- Member webinars, events and forums – regular member exclusive webinars and educational events and member forums.
- Live Your Life Rewards – receive exclusive discounts and offers from our partners and 10% off full priced items at the online diabetes shop.
Become a Live Your Life Community member today to enjoy essential support and education services. Join now.
Extra support for you
If you are an NDSS registrant you are eligible to receive subsidies on diabetes related products and have access to educational events and programs. The Diabetes Queensland Live Your Life Community has been designed to complement the NDSS by providing extra support, advocacy services and resources to help you stay well and healthy.
|Subsidies on diabetes related products||√|
|Free education events and programs||√||√|
|Expert advice via our Contact Centre||√||√|
|Information to help you manage your diabetes||√||√|
|Online community forum||√|
|Member only webinars||√|
|Partner discounts inc. diabetesshop.com||√|
|Access to Psychologist service||√|
|Advocacy and lobbying||√|
|Support medical research||√|