Lose 6kgs this year
The road to weight loss doesn't have to be a big challenge,
small changes every day can make a huge difference. Each of these
food swaps will save you 600kJ per day. Keep just one of them up
for a month and you will lose 1/2kg of body fat. Keep it up all
year and you will lose 6kg! Evidence has shown that a weight loss
of around 5kg can reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes by up to 23
per cent, so get started today.
1. Ditch the butter on your bread. If you resist the temptation
to add butter or margarine to your toast and sandwiches each day
you will save around 620kJ every day. Just don't be tempted to add
a different spread to replace the butter!
2. Swap full cream milk for reduced fat milk. Save 400kJ per day
by swapping 2 cups of full cream milk each day for reduced fat
milk. If you go for skim milk you will save 690kJ!
3. Downsize your chocolate treats. Choose a fun size chocolate
bar over a full size bar and save 610kJ.
4. Choose thin and crispy instead of pan base pizza and save
642kJ if you enjoy three slices.
5. Save around 600kJ every time you choose a glass of sparkling
mineral water over an alcoholic drink or soft drink.
6. Swap two Tim Tams with your coffee for two TV Snacks
chocolate coated biscuits and save 610kJ.
7. Save a whopping 805kJ when you swap a bucket of deep fried
chips for home baked frozen chips.
8. Reduce the serve size of your steak by 100g and remove all
visible fat before cooking and save yourself 783kJ. Fill up the
rest of your plate with vegetables to keep you satisfied.
9. Swap a packet of chips for 10 rice crackers and save
10. Save 476kJ when you choose skinless roast chicken breast
over the drumstick with skin on.