Make 2015 your healthiest year yet. Start the new year on a
happy and active note with these exercise habits that will get your
Exercise habits to make
- Plan ahead - allocate time to exercise a week or fortnight
ahead and write it down.
- Find an exercise buddy or someone you can share your plan with
and who will hold you accountable to it.
- Take it day by day. If you miss a day or have a break, it's not
the end of the world. Jump back on track and move full steam
- Have some strategies up your sleeve. What are you going to do
when you don't feel like exercising, work is hectic or a friend
asks you to do something in your allocated exercise time?
- Start today. Not tomorrow, not Monday. There is no time like
the present, so get moving now.
Exercise habits to break
- There are 12 months in a year so you don't have to nail this
exercise business in the first month or two. Take your time, pace
yourself and build up your fitness level over the year to ensure
you make it part of your normal daily routine.
- Don't set unrealistic expectations i.e. run a half marathon in
March or exercise for 1 hour every day. Instead, set small and
achievable goals like running for 30 minutes or walking for 60
minutes 3 times per week and slowly increase your time and
- Don't believe everything you see and hear. Make sure you get
credible advice and not just from any old website or friend. If
you're in doubt call our Helpline on 1300 136 588 and speak to one
of our exercise experts.
- Leave your excuses in 2014. Don't say you will exercise later,
that you are too tired or too busy for it. Make exercise a priority
and I bet you will find time for it.
Did you know…?
It takes at least 21 days to create a new habit and for some
people it can even take months, so stick it out and persistence
will pay off!