Christmas pudding muffins
Looking for some baking inspiration? Why not try your hand
and these tasty Christmas inspired muffins? They're sure to
be a treat at your holiday gathering.
- 250 g dried mixed fruit
- 2 cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 3 eggs
- Zest and juice from 1 large orange
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup low fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon low fat milk
- 2 teaspoons corn flour
- 12 fresh or glazed cherries
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a 12 hole muffin tray.
2. Combine eggs, vanilla, orange juice, milk and oil in a bowl.
Mix in dried fruit and orange zest.
3. Sift flour into a large bowl, adding in the husks. Add the wet
mixture and stir until just combined.
4. Pour mixture into muffin tray and bake for 15 minutes until
golden on top and a skewer inserted into the muffin comes out
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the tray for 10 minutes
before turning on to a wire rack.
6. To make the icing, combine icing sugar, corn flour and milk in
a small bowl. Add more icing sugar if mixture is too runny or milk
if it is too thick. Once muffins are completely cool, add icing and
top with a cherry.