Health professional resources
Diabetes Queensland has a range of information resources available to assist health professionals supporting people with, or at risk of diabetes.
If you would like to order resources, please use the online request form.
Contact us on 1800 177 055 or email@example.com if you require assistance.
Position statements on issues that impact people with diabetes, their friends, families and carers include:
- Low carbohydrate eating for people with diabetes
- Language for diabetes: Improving communications with and about people with diabetes
- Glucose self-monitoring in adults with type 1 or type 2 diabetes
- People with type 1 diabetes and Do It Yourself (DIY) technology solutions.
Visit the Diabetes Australia website for Diabetes Position Statements.
Best Practice Guidelines
Best-practice guidelines are available for the prevention, diagnosis and management of diabetes. These guidelines have been developed for health professionals by medical experts and researchers.
- Guideline for Case Detection and Diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes
- Guideline for Patient Education in Type 2 Diabetes
- Guideline for Blood Glucose Control in Type 2 Diabetes
- Guideline for the Primary Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes
- General Practice Management of Type 2 Diabetes
- Guideline for Diagnosis, Prevention and Management of Chronic Kidney Disease in Type 2 Diabetes
NDSS registration and resources
The NDSS aims to enhance the capacity of people with diabetes to:
- understand and self-manage their life with diabetes
- access services, support and subsidised diabetes products.