Diabetes Management for Health Professionals
Diabetes Management for Health Professionals is a one–day face to face workshop for nurses, diabetes educators, podiatrists, pharmacists, dietitians, exercise physiologists, general practitioners and allied health professionals.
In an interactive learning environment, participants will enhance their knowledge of evidence–based diabetes management strategies for their clients.
Diabetes Management for Health Professionals is endorsed by the Australian College of Nursing and the Australian Practice Nurse Association and offers 8 Professional Development points.
Topics covered include:
- An overview of the pathophysiology of diabetes and current diabetes classifications
- Current diabetes prevention and detection strategies
- Supporting self-management for the person with diabetes
- Healthy eating & physical activity recommendations
- Glucose monitoring
- Glucose lowering medication
- Insulin management
- Sick day plans
- Complications screening and prevention
- Emotional well-being
- National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS)
If a venue can be provided the cost of this program is subsidised by the National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS). If Diabetes Queensland is required to book a venue for your program a fee of $100 per person will apply.
A minimum of 10 attendees are required for face to face programs, alternatively Diabetes Queensland offers a pre recorded three part webinar series which can be completed at your own pace.
To make a booking request, please use our Online Request Form and our team will be in touch to arrange your education session.
- Australian Practice Nurse Association (APNA)
This activity has been endorsed by APNA according to approved quality standards criteria.
- Australian College of Nursing (ACN)
This course is endorsed by ACN according to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Endorsed Course Standards. It has been allocated 8 CPD hours according to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia – Continuing Professional Development Standard.