Diabetes Management for Health Professionals
Diabetes Management for Health Professionals is a 6-hour face to face workshop for nurses, diabetes educators, podiatrists, pharmacists, dietitians, exercise physiologists, general practitioners and allied health professionals.
In an interactive learning environment, participants will enhance their knowledge of evidence–based diabetes management strategies for their clients.
Topics covered include:
- An overview of the pathophysiology of diabetes and current diabetes classifications
- Current diabetes prevention and detection strategies
- Supporting self-management for the person with diabetes
- Healthy eating & physical activity recommendations
- Glucose monitoring
- Glucose lowering medication
- Insulin management
- Sick day plans
- Complications screening and prevention
- Emotional well-being
- National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS)
There is a fee of $3500 for this education session, which covers facilitator costs and take-home resources for each participant. This session is designed for a 10-20 participants and is provided upon request.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in booking.