Diabetes Management for Health Professionals - Townsville
This session for nurses and allied health professionals offers
an interactive learning environment that supports participants to
develop their skills in effective diabetes management.
- an overview of the pathophysiology of diabetes and current
- current diabetes prevention and detection strategies
- supporting self-management for the person with diabetes
- healthy eating and physical activity recommendations
- self monitoring of Blood Glucose (SMBG)
- glucose lowering medication
- insulin management
- sick day plans
- complications screening and prevention
- emotional wellbeing
- National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS).
- Dale Cooke - BAppSc (Biochem/Microbiol), GradDip Nutr&Diet,
BHSc (HProm), APD
- Marija Sorvoja - RN, CDE
For more information contact: 1300 PRIMARY (7746279), email@example.com
or you can register online.