Gestational Diabetes Support Service
Pregnancy is an exciting and magical time, but add in a diagnosis of gestational diabetes (GDM) and many of us suddenly feel a little out of our depth. GDM does not discriminate and while we know a diagnosis of gestational diabetes can be unexpected and sometimes a little scary.
Becoming part of the Gestational Diabetes Support Service will provide you with additional support for a healthy pregnancy and connect you with others living with gestational diabetes.
As a subscriber you have access to:
- Live your Life Community forum – provides an online platform for women to come together, connect and share experiences. Our expert health professionals monitor the discussions so you can be assured it is a safe place for you to find advice or useful information on pregnancy and gestational diabetes.
- E-learning series – this 6-part series covers building healthy meals, snacks for GDM, safe exercise for you and your baby, checking your blood glucose and taking charge of your thoughts.
- GDM Survival guide – you have been told you have gestational diabetes but what’s next. The guide covers all you need to know about gestational diabetes and what it means for you and your baby. There are blood glucose friendly meal and snack ideas, sources of support, information about medications and tips on questions to ask your health care team in each section.
- Stork Talk – Is Australia’s only gestational diabetes magazine full of helpful hints and tips on pregnancy and gestational diabetes.
- Community Member only content – receive regular emails and text messages with helpful hints and tips to make managing your gestational diabetes easier.
Diabetes Queensland’s Gestational Diabetes Support Service is here to support you every step of the way.
Gestational Diabetes Support Service is $29.95 for 6 months access.
Sign up now