COVID-19 Safety Measures
For attendees and staff at our diabetes education events
We are currently delivering events in line with federal and state government guidelines to ensure the health and safety of all participants and staff. We look forward to welcoming you to one of our diabetes education or community events. Please read the information below including our Conditions of Entry. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Conditions of entry
To ensure the health and safety of all participants and staff, the following conditions of entry apply to our events. Diabetes Queensland reserve the right to refuse entry to any person who does not meet these conditions.
- You must have a confirmed pre-booking, including your support person if you wish to bring someone along. Waitlist registrations are not considered a confirmed booking.
- Please stay home and do not attend the event if:
- You are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms, such as fever, sore throat, cough, runny nose or shortness of breath.
- You have been directed to self-isolate by a health authority (Queensland Health)
- Government guidelines and restrictions may change at short notice. You must follow the rules that apply at the time of the event. This may include mandates around wearing masks, checking into venues, and vaccination evidence.
- QLD rules: covid19.qld.gov.au or call 13 42 68
- At their discretion, venues may choose to implement their own restrictions in addition to the government mandates. We recommend that participants check the venue’s conditions of entry before attending an event.
The event may be subject to postponement or cancellation due to the COVID-19 situation. Diabetes Queensland will continually monitor the updates and alerts from Queensland Health, and contact registered attendees if there are any changes.
There is evidence that people with diabetes are at higher risk of serious illness if they contract COVID-19. Please take extra care to protect yourself from infection and consider your own personal situation before attending group education programs during the pandemic. Diabetes Queensland and Diabetes Australia recommend all adults with diabetes get vaccinated against COVID-19.
By choosing to attend one of our events, you acknowledge and accept that participation is at your own risk.
If you have any questions about your safety when attending one of our events, please call the NDSS Helpline on 1800 637 700 and ask to speak to a Diabetes Educator, or alternatively speak with your healthcare team.