DiaBuddies Digital Quest
12 February 2022 Online
Diabetes NSW & ACT and Diabetes Queensland will be hosting our upcoming DiaBuddies Digital Quest. This is a special online event to bring children living with type 1 diabetes and their families together.
Experience an interactive online platform where you will be able to choose your own journey through fun and educational activities. Collect points by interacting and navigating your way around the platform and participate in an online scavenger hunt to go in the draw to win prizes. You will also have the opportunity to virtually connect with other families that are participating on the day by visiting the ‘Hello Hub’.
During the course of the virtual event you will be able to watch on-demand sessions from:
- A credentialled diabetes educator and The Bionic Wookie blog writer, David Burren, who will explain strategies to navigate self-care and share some of the latest exciting diabetes tech options.
- A social media content creator who will talk about the positive power of social media and how it can help educate and raise awareness about living with type 1 diabetes.
- An exercise physiologist who will share some of their top tips and tricks to help support your child and family.
- Diabetes NSW & ACT ambassador and artist extraordinaire, Bill Hope, will do a live illustration session and share his experience living with type 1 diabetes.
- A dietitian who will unpack ways to make food choices easier.
- An MC:T1 expert, who will explain how to play this revolutionary game that simulates Type 1 diabetes in Minecraft. The game has been designed for children to learn the interaction of blood glucose, insulin and carbs, as well as understand the dynamics of living with Type 1 diabetes.
Explore the virtual exhibition hall to speak to our corporate partners and health professionals and receive 10% off the Diabetes Shop.
You can access the easy-to-use virtual platform by simply logging on via your internet browser on Saturday 12 February, or you will have on-demand access until May if you can’t join us for the live event.
Don’t miss out on this exciting experience from the comfort of your own home. Siblings, parents and friends are all welcome to join in the fun!
Places are limited and bookings are essential! Call us on 1800 177 055 or click here to register now.
The DiaBuddies Digital Quest has been made possible through the support of Future Generations Australia.