Border Track trek - Gold Coast Hinterland
Walk for a cause and raise funds for Diabetes
Border Track Trek registration is now closed.
Diabetes Queensland is heading for a weekend of
bushwalking in the Gold Coast hinterland and we would love for you
to join us. Become one with nature and walk part of the Hinterland
Great Walk taking in some of Queensland's most spectacular
This guided bushwalk gives you options for your level of
involvement and has many benefits.
- Saturday day tripper - join in for the day trip only (25km
Border Track bush walk), or
- Arrive on the Friday afternoon and enjoy the sunset walk to
Python Rock lookout with afternoon tea provided by Bushwalking
- Make a weekend of it - choose rainforest resort accommodation
or camping options for Friday and Saturday nights
- Great opportunity to experience Lamington National Park on the
Gold Coast's hinterland and the beautiful O'Reilly's Rainforest
- Make a real difference by supporting our charity and helping
those affected by all types of diabetes.
The Border Track is the backbone of the Lamington National Park
walking track system and connects Binna Burra with the beautiful
Green Mountains. This trek is a section of the Gold Coast
Hinterland Great Walk. Diabetes Queensland has joined with
Bushwalking Queensland to put together this scenic 25km day
What is included?
Border Track Trek participation is $80 per person, plus
accommodation and meal costs if required. The weekend
- Expert Bushwalking Queensland tour guides.
- Friday afternoon refreshments provided by Bushwalking
- Packed lunch for Saturday (if requested on order
- Breakfasts and dinners (if requested on order form).
- Accommodation (if requested on order form).
- Support to fundraise from Diabetes Queensland's fundraising
- Invitations to smaller bushwalks in the lead up to the
Accommodation options include Resort accommodation at the
beautiful O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat in a Mountain View room -
twin share or single rooms (subject to availability), or BYO
camping - bring your own gear and camp at Green Mountains
Campground, Lamington National Park. Or you can simply
join us for the walk only.
Help raise much needed funds
This is a fundraising event, with a minimum target of $280 for
each participant to raise prior to the adventure departure date.
Together, we are hoping to raise $10,000. Participants can set up
an online fundraising page on Everyday Hero or can raise funds offline -
Diabetes Queensland's fundraising team is here to help.